Friday 13 September 2013

Alpkit's Big Shakeout 2013 - Shaker (ya money) Maker!


                                                    The Alpkit Big Shakeout Festival 2013

In case you haven't already heard there's a fantastic festival coming up, created just for guys like you and I... that's mountain bikers, bikepackers and generally lovers of all things outdoors. I'm sure you're all familiar with Alpkit, especially you bikepackers. Voted Online Retailer of the Year 2013 by readers of The Great Outdoors, Alpkit are responsible for making some of the most expensive outdoor pursuits accessible to everyone with their high-quality gear available for affordable prices. Whenever my boyfriend and I go camping you can be sure that most of our kit is from Alpkit, and my recent debut into bikepacking couldn't have happened without Dave's fast growing cache of Alpkit accouterments; dry bags, the mega light and versatile MytiPot and MytiMug and I'm sure Dave will vouch for how well I sleep on their mats, both the Airo 120 and the Numo, (there's a really fat one available for lighter sleepers that Dave wants; the Dozer, ideal if you're travelling by car and weight/size doesn't matter so much). No, Alpkit haven't paid me to say any of this, they're just a really great brand...if you don't believe me check out their new range of bikepacking kit; framebags, dual ended airlock drybags, fuel pods etc. You have to be on your toes, though, because the world is apparently full of Alpkit eager-beavers and they snap stock up as fast as it's released. We missed the boat on a few items recently, but hopefully we'll be able to get our hands on some bits and pieces at the Shakeout.

Why all the Alpkit Shakeout blurb I hear you ask? Well, I'm dead chuffed to say that Dave and I have gotten places as Shaker Makers. Yup... we will be on hand all weekend to all Shakeout revellers, so if you get yourself along there I hope you keep your eyes peeled for Dave or myself and we will be more than happy to help - it would be especially nice to put a face to some of my G+ buds. For this we get a weekend pass and a pass to the half-day course of our choice, I've put myself down for MTB Core Skills for Girls, MTB Intro to Jumps & Drops or the MTB Ride Sunday Soother...I'd be perfectly happy on any. To be honest, I can't wait - a whole weekend spent among like-minded folk doing the stuff I love, from right in the thick of it...my fave spot!

Other courses and events;

MTB Core Skills Session
Navigation Skills
Navigation Skills - Girls Only
Bouldering with Gareth Parry
Intro to Outdoor Climbing
Building Blocks of Lead Climbing
Climbing Escapology
Resin to Rock-Ropes
Resin to Rock-Bouldering
Wild and Wet Underground
Venture Canoes Derwent River Safari
Pyranha Kayaks Intro to White Water Rafting
Venture Kayaks Intro to River Touring
School of Adventure Photography
Spokes and Shutters
Plus loads more.... Mr Microadventure himself; Alastair Humphreys will be there to give a talk, there will be food, music with the whole general festival vibe going down all weekend. And if you don't fancy camping they have some great teepees available (I wouldn't mind a chance at staying in one - live in luxury for a weekend!)
Hope to see some of you there. In the meantime, happy riding!
My little boy, Harry, tries out a fat bike for size at the Alpkit stand at the Thornbridge Bike Fest, all the gear on the bike is Alpkits own.
(Clockwise L-R:Koala Seat Pack, Stringray Framebag, Sml Fuel Pod, Dual Airlock XTra held in place with Y-Front Harness)


No comments:

Post a Comment